Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Owl Necklace

OK, so on my spiritual journey i've developed an attraction to owls (mostly due to a calling from Athena) and wanted to make myself a necklace with an owl pendant.. it took me a while, but i finally found one i liked- but didn't like it alone so i found this great stone pendant to put with it! so each piece is separate. The colors on the owl and the stone were perfect to use with my stash of rutilated quartz & tigers eye- the pictures do not do this justice! Its night now and my flash is making them worse...

Close up of Stone and Owl
Athena Necklace 4

In its entirety (shown on 2 sheets of printer paper)
Athena Necklace 5

Here you can see how each pendant is separate
Athena Necklace 3

The chain is made up of gold and bronze large glass beads, and rutilated quartz & tiger eye chips
Athena Necklace 2

So i have not made much jewelry- only a bracelet for my mom. This is my first large project, and my first jewelry project related to my spirituality. I very much enjoyed crafting it, and will enjoy it even more to wear it tomorrow :)

Blessings,
Tiny

1 comment:

Lisa Brawner said...

very nice ! Love the owl --it is adorable